[TowerTalk] Traps

Tom Rauch W8JI@contesting.com
Sun, 16 Jul 2000 19:52:54 -0400

> Neat idea, but I'm not sure the trapped antenna guys would agree.  Good
> models of trapped antennas (not to mention linear loading) seem to be
> pretty tricky.  For that matter, NEC-2 has trouble with modeling the C-3
> type of driven cell -- does NEC-4 do it any better?

Don't know, but this brings up something that is useful.

If anyone has a single old trap from a trapped antenna, even just to
loan, I'd like to make some measurements of ESR and inductance
below cutoff and EPR at resonance and above.

How about it folks? Anyone game to see if traps are as bad as
advertising departments say, or if the antennas just need the
elements tweaked?

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com