[TowerTalk] Hygain 105 (custom) beta match

Chris Adams n4vi@diac.com
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 23:54:19 -0600

I'm in the process of taking a Hy-gain 105-BA I purchased used some time
ago and putting it together with my owns dimensions.

Unfortunately, I've discovered that the beta-match hardware is missing.
For all  I know, the raccoons ran off with it.  That said, it doesn't
look all that complicated to duplicate, i.e. I could get "beta rods"
from texas towers, but finding or making the clamping/support mechanisms
appears to be problematic!  At least for the "mechanically challanged"
like me!

Anyone have any ideas for mechanical construction of a Beta match.  Is
there aluminum or steel "stock" material I could buy to form the
supports I would need?

Or another way to look at the question...  Are there any articles I
could reference that show Beta match design using materials I could find
at a well stocked hardware store?

Thanks for your help!

73's

chris, n4vi