[TowerTalk] Last thing on Bird kills

Paul Finch paulfinch@email.msn.com
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 09:20:23 -0500

Hello all,

One last thing on the bird kill problem.  The Summer 2000 issue of Site
Management & Technology magazine had an article in it referring to this
problem.  This magazine is dedicated to Commercial tower owners and site
managers.  In the Editors Note at the beginning of the article he said:

"Site Management & Technology presents this article to it's readers to
generate discussion of a topic that needs to be addressed.  Opponents of
tower construction and alteration, searching for ways to derail a tower
project, may seize this topic.  Tower owners and site managers should become
familiar with the migratory bird issue and plan a proactive response to
wildlife advocates and zoning inquiries."

We have done that on this forum and I thank the administrator of this list
but if there is any other owners of Commercial/Amateur tower sites out there
we need to keep these comments made to this list as possible responses if
something ever came up regarding bird kills.

I am not sure if this URL was posted but will include it here anyway.
www.towerkill.com .  This web site was set up by Bill Evans with Cornell
University.

Question?  Do these birds migrate at night?  If they do not fly at night do
they just not see the towers?  Do the fly in a sleep mode of some kind?

The URL for this magazine is www.site-mag.com , the magazine is free to all
tower site managers and tower owners.

Paul
WB5IDM