[TowerTalk] 5Band antennas

Jack poster@gate.net
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 01:54:05 -0400

Yes the Lighting Bolt is the hardware I was thinking of using. Michael
Duddy
said he could supply me with spiders and fiberglass arms and wire , I
would have
to get my own long boom maybe 48ft I was thinking in that range. He
didnt have
the computer info to be able to give me the wire length for a 6El
version on his
4 Element 5Band quad he makes. I might end up going with his 4El version

if
it isnt worth the work.
I remember here some guys years ago in Texas that had 6El Quads they
called
monster Quads for 10 thru 20 and they were on long booms. They had very
strong siginals as I remember.
Im getting ready to put up a new station here and wanted to have
something
really good for 10 thru 20  all 5 band on a 89ft crankup. I then will
put up a 4El  40 on another crankup about 70ft along with a 2El for 30
above that.
My first thing is to get the 5Band antenna going. Ive looked at lots of
ways to
go Force12 antennas and other yagies but none seem to give me all the
elements
I want for each band like the Quad will.
What do you think????????