[TowerTalk] Cutting 3/16" Stainless Steel Guy Cable

George Fremin III - K5TR geoiii@kkn.net
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 13:41:37 -0700

On Wed, Jul 19, 2000 at 04:08:40PM -0400, SavageBR@aol.com wrote:

> All you bolt cutter guys must really like sharp edges and hard work.

I dont understand.

It is not hard work - it cuts as easy as cutting
through some #12 house wire with some wire cutters.

And what - sharp edge?  On the end of the wire?
It has never been a problem.

We used the 36" handle ones at N5AU - and he cut
alot of guy wire - about 26+ towers worth with the
same pair - it was NOT a problem.

Maybe we are not talking about the same tool.

--

George Fremin III
Johnson City, Texas             "Experiment trumps theory."