[TowerTalk] Perspectve

Jim Reid kh7m@hsa-kauai.net
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 18:15:36 -1000

> To reiterate what somebody else said, I think that careful
> listening over a period of time to the NCDXF beacons is
> as good a learning experience as there is as to what
>different signal levels mean. - Dr. Megacycle KK6MC/5

Kind of tough to move the beam quickly enough between
beacon azimuths,  however!!  Frustating to me,  anyway.
Of course,  I am alway interested to which direction from
KH6 land ought I to be winging by RF for best QSO chances;
maybe this is a different issue than the present topic.

Maybe should do this test using only a vertical,  since that
is what the beacon sites are using.

On the other hand,  Tom has written that if you can hear
the signal, then moving the beam to get antenna gain
to increase the percieved loudness will not help....hmmmm.
Seems to me it "sounds" louder if the beam is directed to
the beacon azimuth.

Interestinger and Interestinger...

73,  Jim,  KH7M