[TowerTalk] tri banders vs mono banders

George Fremin III - K5TR geoiii@kkn.net
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 05:19:11 -0700

On Thu, Jul 20, 2000 at 08:06:13AM -0400, Bruce Makas wrote:

> Has anyone ever done any analysis of stacked tribanders (KT34XA's) vs the
> performance of similar long boom mono banders? Contrary to some of the
> opinions I read recently, I would think that a stack of 3  would be a great
> deal simpler than 3 stacks of 3. Even if the tri banders are mechanically
> more complex?

I have not done any analysis - but I have given it alot of
thought and I think a stack of tribanders is a great way to
go if you have limited tower space to use.

Many people have done this and it works well.

If I were stuck with one tower it is what I would do.

--

George Fremin III
Johnson City, Texas             "Experiment trumps theory."