[TowerTalk] Partial KT34A??

WA5JWU@aol.com WA5JWU@aol.com
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 15:11:43 EDT

Hello All,
I have an old KT34A that I am in the process of rebuilding.  Time commitments
will not allow me to finish the project and raise an additional tower before
the NAQP in August.  My second radio, however, still needs an antenna.  Does
anyone know or have an opinion on whether I can use ONLY the driven element
(one of them) as a rotatable dipole just for the contest.  I think the 4:1
balun should not be affected by only one element being used or is that second
driven element part of that equation?  If I use just one of the driven
elements as a rotatable dipole, should it be fed a different way than the 52
ohm coax and 4:1 balun?

Any thoughts or opinions on these questions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and 73,
Mike, WA5JWU