[TowerTalk] Hazer experiences

Greg Gobleman k9zm@frontiernet.net
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 06:04:43 -0500

The person that answers the phone isn't always the boss, and may not be
knowledgeable in all aspects of the product.

The pulley on an H4 Hazer used on Rohn tower comes with a bar of aluminum to
which it is attached.  That bar mounts on a straight section to the top rung
of the tower.  If you use a pointy top tower it mounts across the two tubes
on whichever face your using, which puts it above the top rung on your tower
and therefore higher on your tower section.  This is good for more mast
clearance and it is a stronger mount for the pulley.  If you were to use a
flat top section, you might not have as much wasted height when mounting the
pulley.

I use a 12' .25" wall mast.  With a Telrex TB6EM 85lb tribander about 3'
above the thrust bearing, 6' higher is the 40m dipole and a 2m vertical on
top.  With cabling I am at the max payload.

I think I sent you a message on this already Al.  But this should answer a
few more questions.  Also, I think John has a Voyager Hazer which mounts on
one face where I have the H4 Hazer which wraps around the tower.  I didn't
want to resend all the old parts of the message, hope this isn't confusing.

73
Greg K9ZM