[TowerTalk] fistgrips

DonaldTenn@aol.com DonaldTenn@aol.com
Sat, 29 Jul 2000 00:05:56 EDT

In a message dated 07/28/2000 7:35:24 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
w9ol@billnjudy.com writes:

<<
 Have any of you tower people ever seen/used fistgrips?
 I'd have to contact the union to find the engineering details.

Bill,
Yes, we still see the old fist grips around once in a great while. I have a
couple of clients that use them, they are now however primarily used just to
hold the whip or loose end of the guy in place, not really for any load at
all. These are old sights that replaced the fist grips with wire rope clips.
The particular towers I am referring to are 500' guyed VHF TV broadcast
towers in high wind areas along the coast.

Small markets though, not enough money to replace the old rusting guys,
turnbuckles, and clips. Oh well, I am certain that one day, one way or
another we will be replacing all of that old rusting hardware with new.

Thank You,

Donald J. Tenn
Tenco Tower
Serving the Broadcast and Communications industry "Since 1978"
9647 Folsom Boulevard
Sacramento, California
95827 USA
Office: 916-638-8833