[TowerTalk] connectors

Jim Reid kh7m@hsa-kauai.net
Sat, 29 Jul 2000 09:06:51 -1000

Tom wrote,  in part:

> I hate profusely ... the N connector.....

> Curses to the people who insist on N connectors
> below upper VHF.

I have a piece of gear which came along with a couple
short coax jumpers fitted with N connectors for HF use.
Last week developed an intermittent very high VSWR
condition.  Drove me nuts for several hours as I was
probing about for the problem.  Happened to look at
my MFJ analyzer while I was jiggling some of the coax,
and that was when then intermittent occured.

After a bit of added jiggling,  was able to isolate the source
to this 6 or so inch length of coax.  Found the problem to be
that the "nut" on the back of the N on each end was loose!

This seemed to be the cause/source of the problem.

Have no idea how an N connector is attached to the coax,
but removed this piece from my set up.  All is now well.

No more N connectors,  hi.

73,  Jim,  KH7M