[TowerTalk] Prime Directive - clamps etc

Jim Rhodes rhodes@willinet.net
Sun, 30 Jul 2000 19:11:14 -0500

Around here I see a lot of older power line guys clamped with a gizmo the
looks like 2 blocks with grooves for the live & dead end of the cable and a
row of bolts down the center. However the newer ones seem to be pretty much
grips.

At 06:15 PM 07/30/2000, Tod - ID wrote:

>It comes to mind that what we need is a new design for the cable clamps.
>Maybe the U-bolt should really be a U-rectangular clamp which is made from
>square rod and the saddle should be rectangular on the inside; the objective
>being to increase the contact surface area of both pieces. Whoever decides
>to go into business fabricating and selling such items please put me on your
>mailing list.
>
>Tod, KØTO
>

>--

Jim Rhodes K0XU