[TowerTalk] ground rods for towers

Ed - K0iL K0IL <k0il@arrl.net>
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 07:21:32 -0500

On Monday, 31 July, 2000 2:08 AM, Tom Hix W4TH [SMTP:w4th@webtv.net] wrote:

> How many ground rods should be used on a tower of 75 feet? This tower is
> used only for beams and dipole support. I have a friend who says one is
> enough, I have others who say one on each leg, what say ye me hearties?
> Also anyone who has an antenna modeling program and wouldnt mind helping
> out a non computer owner, please contact me. I have a wire antenna I
> want to try out and I am interested in seeing what the computer has to
> say about it.
> thanks and 73
> Tom
>
> ===================================
> Be sure to visit my web sites.
>
> Amateur radio amp tubes.
> http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/ClassifiedsCt/tomstubes/index.html
>
> Ham Radio Homepage.
> http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Woods/6222/
>

> --

I know it's been posted before, but it's the place for the answers:
Check out http://www.polyphaser.com/ and click on Technical Information.
Look for PTD1016 Ham Radio Station Protection.  There's other very
interesting articles as well.

Everything depends on your location, how much money ur willing to part with
for piece of mind, and how much risk you are willing to take--both personal
& equipment wise.

Good reading!

73,
de ed -K0iL