[TowerTalk] Tailtwister rotor problem

K3AIR@aol.com K3AIR@aol.com
Sun, 4 Jun 2000 23:48:47 EDT

Hello gang,

My T2X stopped working, so I took down the antenna (KT34XA), removed
the rotor, and brought it inside for testing.  There is a loud buzzing noise
coming from the rotor itself whenever I release the brake on the control box.
The rotor does not turn.  When I let go of the brake release button, the
buzzing stops.  Before I really get into this thing, anyone care to comment
what might be causing this?

Also, I'm thinking of replacing the KT34XA with a Force 12 C31XR due to
the KLM antenna needing a lot of "attention".  Any comments from C31XR
users?

73, Mike K3AIR