Fwd: [TowerTalk] US Tower TB-2US bearing

Larry Burke WI5A lburke@wt.net
Mon, 05 Jun 2000 06:29:03 -0500

Chuck... I have a very similar configuration... TX455 and WARC7 mounted on
top. I just replaced a 95 pound PRO57 which had been up there for a number
of years. The WARC7 is much lighter. As I recall there are only one or two
set screws on mine as well... the bearing is an eccentric collar type.
Seems to hold just fine.  I have a small instruction sheet from the
manufacturer (Hub City) that I can type up for you on e-mail (it is short,
but I am on my way to work). The instruction sheet references two screws.
Many rotor mfgrs recommend that you put the mast and antenna weight
directly on the rotor... the thrust bearing then helps contain side-to-side
movement above the rotor. Sorry I can't crank it down right now to check
the actual number of set screws.. I may be bringing it down in a couple of
weeks - maybe sooner - for some antenna work, but that is probably too late
for your needs.

Thanks for your 1/17/99 RTTY QSO and QSL on 15m and our 11/23/98 CW QSO on
10m.

Larry WI5A