[TowerTalk] Rohn FK 25 & KT34XA

Sylvan Katz jskatz@sk.sympatico.ca
Mon, 05 Jun 2000 16:45:35 -0600

First let me thank all of you who responded to my question about the
KT34XA. I think I have been suitably forewarned about the need to
inspect and service this antenna on a regular basis.

I have a change to purchase a discontinued Rohn FK 25 (58' fold over
tower).  I understand the 25G accessories fit  the FK 25.. The
recommended guying radius is 18' but for a variety of reasons I think I
will guy it at 32'.

Questions:

Do you think this tower can handle a KT34XA and a T2X?
If yes, what precautions should I take to ensure that I do not have to
service it in the middle of winter.

Also I have been advised to use the K factor instead of the antenna
surface area to determine if the FK 25 can handle a KT34XA. What is the
K factor and how does on calculate it?

tnx
Syl

--