[TowerTalk] Skyhawk plus 402CD

k6ll@juno.com k6ll@juno.com
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 10:42:12 -0600

 In a message dated 06/06/2000 5:32:24 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
 ve6yc@home.com writes:

> This coming Saturday the local DX club will be putting up a
>  100 foot tower. At the top will be a Bencher Skyhawk. We only
>  have 5 feet of clearance between it and the Cushcraft 402CD.
>
>  Is it a good idea to rotate the 40 to 90 deg from the tri-bander?
>  will this help reduce the interaction with 15 on the Skyhawk?

I have a 40-2cd just six feet above a klm tribander, and they are
both fine. They have the booms aligned.

There have been cases where an "unlucky" length of feedline was
used on the 40, which can cause severe swr problems on a tribander.

You can check for this by shorting/unshorting the 40 meter feedline
in the shack, while observing the swr on the tribander to see if
it changes. If it does change, just add a jumper (maybe 1/8 wl at
the tribander's sensitive frequency) to the 40 meter feedline.

Another good test would be to observe the signal strength of a local
station off the back of the tribander, while shorting and unshorting
the 40 meter feedline.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ
K6LL@juno.com