[TowerTalk] Father's Day gift ideas

DavidC DavidC" <eDoc@netzero.net
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 11:42:50 -0400

How about asking her to have the worm-gear puller-hoist
attached to the side of a gin-pole?

It sounds as though it might permit some 12' or less gin-pole
related activities fine-tuned by the guy on the tower rather than
the more gross movements of someone pulling at the bottom.

- Thanks! & 73, DavidC  K1YP in Hudson, FL

> 1) from McMaster-Carr (www.McMaster-Carr.com) a worm-gear puller-hoist
> this is a super-duper come-along with worm-gear drive.  Two nice features
> are that it fits between the rungs of Rohn 45 (and probably 25) - hanging
> from one horizontal rung to pull up masts.  This works much more cleanly
> than the typical lever-operated come-alongs.  The second feature is that
> it is very smooth - you can make very small adjustments up or down unlike
> the ratchet motion of normal comealongs which also tends to overshoot
> slightly.  This worm drive is a dream.  $87.92 plus S&H item 33615T15
>
> OK, now I need something to tell my wife to get for me.  Any ideas?
>
> Terry Zivney, N4TZ/9

NetZero - Defenders of the Free World