[TowerTalk] Yaesu rotors

N3SL@aol.com N3SL@aol.com
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 19:05:28 EDT

Mike,
    I'm using the 1000SDX to turn the C-4XL and WARC-7, and it'll whip those
puppies around in less than 45 seconds!  Only been up a year, but no rotor
problems so far.
    However, I will say I've had difficulty with the Yaesu cable connector
(at the rotor end).  My cable run is nearly 300 feet, so I am using 16/18
gauge cable.  The connector will not take wires that large.  I finally had to
buy a new one (after multiple soldering jobs ruined the original - and no,
I'm not THAT bad at soldering), and used a 18/22 gauge "jumper" for the last
foot of the run so I could get a decent connection!  I'm sure others have had
great success, but I gave up and paid $37 for a new one.  The rotor itself,
though, is super.

73,
Steve