[TowerTalk] high quality preselector Harris RF-551 - is it a good thing?

Gian Luca Cazzola glcazzola@iol.it
Sat, 10 Jun 2000 14:20:01 +0100

Hi towertalkians,
I am thinking to buy an Harris RF-551A preselector for use with my FT1000MP
and my old Cubic Astro 102-BXA.
Does anybody had experience with this kind of preselector?
Do you think that it really can improve IMD on lower band or improve noise
rejection on higher bands with our state of the art ham rigs or for our use
(dxing and contesting) it would be only an exoteric toy?
I hope in a reply from normal hams as me and also from the higher tech chaps
(as Tom Rauch, U.Rhode, W.Hayward etc.) - hi!
73
Ian IK4EWX