[TowerTalk] Re: The New Multicomp PL-259's

DavidC DavidC" <eDoc@netzero.net
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 21:47:03 -0400

> If you go to www.farnell.com/uk there is a product listing in the UK
> online catalog(ue). Click Advanced search (top right), then search for
> order Code 724816, and you will see the listing.
>
> Unfortunately there is no picture - the best way I can describe it is
> like the rear end of an N plug and the front end of a UHF.
>
> 73 from Ian G3SEK          Editor, 'The VHF/UHF DX Book'

OK, searched the Newark site in and out, it isn't there ... yet.

I did track it down on the Farnell site as you instructed.

I have dispatched a message to Newark with the Farrell URL asking
them when they would be carrying these new connectors -- letting them
know that there will likely be a significant Amateur Radio interest.

Perhaps if others are interested they may also wish to write Newark
(I gather that Newark is partnered with Farnell.)

Any idea what this different construction may do to the characteristics
of the PL-259?  I am told that in its traditional form it is not a "true 50
ohm connector" nor is it suitable for use over 500MHz.  Farnell only
rates their connector 0-300MHz! (Specs: Working voltage : 500V rms
Insulation resistance : 500mR.)

- Thanks! & 73, DavidC  K1YP in Hudson, FL

NetZero - Defenders of the Free World