[TowerTalk] coax switch at tower

K3GM k3gm@home.com
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 23:32:26 -0400

I would recommend a "surplus" coaxial switch made by Transco Products, Inc.
You can pick these up at a hamfest for under 80 US dollars.  Although they
come in several configurations,  they typically have 4 positions, operate at
28 VDC, and use "N" connectors.  This would probably work nicely in your
setup.  Please note that they are not weather proof, and must be installed
under a shield such as a capped length of PVC pipe or in my case, a homemade
stainless steel box located at the top of my tower by the thrust bearing.

7 3,

Tom K3GM