[TowerTalk] My First Tower

rick triolo okie2u@usa.com
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 09:44:06 -0400 (EDT)

I have been reading this list for awhile and have learned quite a few
things.I have been a Ham on and off for several years and want advice for a
tower project. I'll address my wants, and ask for your advise.

My wants:
1. A tower 50-55 ft, free standing, crank up. Don't like heights anymore. It
will be in a pasture and I don't want guys because I cut hay. County wind
factor is 80mph. About 50 ft from tower to shack.

2. I will be using Coax, one line into shack. Shack is on second floor.

3. Antenna TA33 or A4S, 40 meter inverted 'V'. I am not satisfied with
MOSELY tech help but thats a story for another time.

4. Rotor, YASEAU?

5. Coax Switch?

Appreciate any help you can give me.

Rick N5VMX