[TowerTalk] T-match?

Ed Sleight k4sb@mindspring.com
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 13:58:04 +0000

"i4jmy@iol.it" wrote:
> When a multi element yagi is modeled to maximize gain and F/B the
> driven element feed point impedance actually lowers as well the BW.

Not necessarily so. Feed impedance is determined by a number of things,
chiefly the length of the boom and element spacing.

But, boom length is going to be the main factor. You simply cannot just
keep sticking elements on a fixed length boom.

For example, my 5 element 10 and 5 element 15 have boom lengths of 28
and 36 feet, with the first Dir spaced so closely to the DE, it's scary.
But, EZNEC models both at almost 16dbi gain over real ground with a F/B
of close to 40 db. And they are killers.

73
Ed