[TowerTalk] Rohn 25G - Metal cap in the leg?

Bill Coleman AA4LR aa4lr@radio.org
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 15:30:14 -0400

Last night, I was cleaning up a used Rohn 25AG3 pointy top in preparation
to spot-regalvanize it prior to installation this summer.

In one of the legs, I noticed something entirely blocking the leg about
12" up from the bottom of the section. With a screwdriver, I managed to
pry it out of the leg.

It was a metal cap, which I think was originally part of the assembly,
but it had become corroded through exposure to the elements.

Looking at my four other used sections of 25G, I found such metal caps in
a few of the sections, totally 4 caps in 12 legs. (One section has 2, two
have 1, one has none)

My question is -- what are these things? Are they something to hold the
hardware for the sections?

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr@radio.org
Quote: "Boot, you transistorized tormentor! Boot!"
            -- Archibald Asparagus, VeggieTales