[TowerTalk] TIC Rotor Controller Problem(s) ?

Billy Cox aa4nu@ix.netcom.com
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 14:49:56 -0500

Still working to R&R the two TIC Model 1022B rotor units here.

The EC-1 controller unit that was "not quite right" has a new
problem, or perhaps what WAS failing ... has NOW failed.

New problem ... (all control lines are disconnected for this test)

At turn on, the meter movement now slams down
against the LEFT stop ... If you hit the START button,
the RED LED lights, but won't go out regardless of
turning the PRESET knob, nor does moving the PRESET
knob vary the meter position at all, prior to this latest
failure, moving the PRESET knob caused a limited
(say from South to West on the meter) variation.

I can use my other working EC-1 as a guide to begin to
troubleshoot this, but thought I'd ask for past "history"
for this particular failure mode.

Ideas ?

Thanks !

73 Billy AA4NU