[TowerTalk] mast bearings (reply de K0FF)

Stan or Patricia Griffiths w7ni@teleport.com
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 13:22:27 -0700

K0FF wrote:

> On my Rohn 55, I use a beacon plate at the top, and cut a hole in it for the
> TB4 bearing with a Plasma Torch. Below it is a standard bearing plate with
> another TB4 (3").  I am using the APL beacon plate on top because it's very
> sturdy (20 pounds) vs the 3 pounds for the BPL bearing top plate.

I think the BPL55 is plenty sturdy for holding a TB3 with a substantial stack on
it.  The shipping weight is 18 pounds (not 3 pounds!) vs 20 pounds for the
APL55.  The difference in weight is probably due to the fact that the BPL55
already has the holes in it for the TB3.  Are you sure you were looking at a
BPL55?

Stan  w7ni@teleport.com