[TowerTalk] Need Relay Replacement Help

Joe L Blackwell aa4nn@juno.com
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 02:10:34 -0500

Hi Dennis,
This sounds like the parasitic array I ran on 40m for years.  It was in
the 1977 Antenna Book.  Nice arrangement.  I used fairly heavy relays, 25
amp contacts, always 1kw output.  Think I still have a couple of those
relays around someplace.  Double pole, double throw.
Any relay you can find with contact rating of 20-25 amps would be
sufficient.  Relays in the Ameritron RCS-8V are rated 4kw pep below 30mHz
and they are quite small relays.
73, Joe aa4nn

 "Dennis Brickey" <n4dd@preferred.com> writes:

> Hello and thanks for allowing me this  area of spectrum.  I
> am trying to construct  a 5 sloper array using the ARRL
> Antenna Handbook.  The slopers are to be switched using
> a remote switching arrangement.  I was going to use an
> Ameritron switch but according to the handbook, I need to
> be able to isolate the shield as well as the center conductor
> of the coax.  The Ameritron switch does not afford this
> luxury.  In the handbook, they use Potter Brumfield model
> number MR 11D.  I cannot find these relays and would like
> to know if someone out there has a suitable replacement
> idea.  I want to be able to run my amp so I am sure that I
> will need something more on the beefy side.  Any
> educated advice would be greatly appreciated!
> Thanks,
> Dennis/N4DD
>

> --
> FAQ on WWW: