[TowerTalk] Belden 9913 flex

n8ug@juno.com n8ug@juno.com
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 15:26:21 -0600

Basically, it is the foaming technology, Ted. The foam must be of the
right formula and density to properly support the center conductor in
dead center of the coax 100% of the time, and be of such a mixture of
solid and void to impart the same velocity factor all of the time as
well. It is a complex and touchy operation involving formulation,
temperature, pressure, line speed, cooling - after the correct design of
injection and extrusion equipment. Belden has had trouble with the
process, and after rejecting thousands of feet of the stuff, has elected
to retreat and re-group.
Times' LMR 400 UF is close to what 9913F was at the beginning, in quality
and price, but does not claim the loss characteristics, by at least 10%.

Our 102, 106, and 103A(Davis' "Buryflex") are a bit lossier than the
9913F design, by just a few tenths of a db, but are still the best buy
out there.

73,

Press Jones, N8UG, The Wireman, Inc., Landrum, SC, 29356
Sales (800)727-WIRE(9473) or  orders@thewireman.com
Tech help (864)895-4195 or  n8ug@thewireman.com
http://www.thewireman.com  and the WIRELINE news
and bargain page.  Our 23rd year!