[TowerTalk] Beam headings

PAUL M. PLAYFORD aef8w@aztec.asu.edu
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 19:33:36 -0700 (MST)

Why do we insist in NOT using the North Star to determine true North?

It is so easy - no calculations, no allowing for how far we are from
the edge of the time zone we are in, no magnetic deviation.  Just look
and there she is.

And, if you are in the Southern Hemisphere, why not the Southern Cross?

Besides, you may find, as I have, that a lot of antenna work is much
easier done after dark.  No bright sun to get you overheated and get
in you eyes.  The moon provides sufficient light unless you cannot
wait for the moon to be out.

Inquiring minds want to know.

de Paul

--
ZF2TA (1992)  -*-  FO0PLA (1997)  -*-  8Q7AA (1998)  --*--  XZ0A (2000)
Paul Playford, W8AEF                      twisted pair:    623/580-0015