[TowerTalk] Penatrox and Other Applications

K7GCO@aol.com K7GCO@aol.com
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 21:01:39 EST

In a message dated 16.03.00 17:04:23 Pacific Standard Time, n5rp@pdq.net
writes:
<<
 At 18:35 3/16/00, AA6DX wrote:
 >I've used Penatrox for over a 1/4 century with no ill results.
 =======================>
 Suppository or pill ?
 Bob Perring
 Amateur Radio Station  N5RP
 tele:(281) 493-5780
 cel: (713) 907-2687
 fax: (281) 493-5780
 mailto:N5RP@pdq.net
 N5RP Station Page: http://freeweb.pdq.net/perring/station.html
 WP2Z '99 CQWW SSB Pictures: http://freeweb.pdq.net/perring/wp2zpix.html

In a message dated 16.03.00 17:27:56 Pacific Standard Time, n3dok@pgh.net
writes:
<<
 Hi,Is there a product like Penatrox, but for copper connections?
 Bob Ferrey Jr. N3DOK

Yes I have some Loctite with copper in it which is probably equivalent and it
may have "other applications" as was just suggested above.  I even have some
with Silver in it.  We need some with Brass, Cad Plating and/or Nickle in it
for PL 259's.
I'm still laughing

Would you believe I have some Penetrox with a special RF wax in it for the
elements.  It speeds up the electrons so fast they get there just before they
start.  It's called "Instant Sideband."  If you put it only on the front of
the element it improves F/B.  On hot days it's been know to run off.  You can
sip inbetween the big guns but don't bend over in a pile up on those days.
k7gco