[TowerTalk] Belden 9913

Jim Reid kh7m@hsa-kauai.net
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 09:05:34 -1000

> I don't like about LMR:  It is too stiff.

But,  Ted,

That is because LMR has a heavy gage solid center
conductor,  and that is one of the reasons for the
lowest loss for a given cable diameter with that
sort of dielectric and shield.

You can find out ALL about LMR characteristics vs.
the size,  the frequency,  and the length of run you
plan,  just go to:

    http://www.timesmicrowave.com/cgi-bin/calculate

Of course,  you can go from that page,  to all the
other info about Times Microwave's LMR products.

How long a piece do you need?  I probably have
a lot of unused LMR-400 lengths here;  had to
remove all my verticals from the pasture behind a
year or so ago.  However,  still has not been
fenced,  and no horses yet!

I am using LMR400 up to my 40 meter antenna; using
LMR600 up the "tower"  to my beam;  all great stuff!!

I also have a lot of Press's Certified cable,  many
miscellaneous lengths for lots of different antenna
experiments,  hi.

73,  Jim,  KH7M