[TowerTalk] Strobe Light Sticker Shock

Bob Lovell pizzabob@cookeville.total-web.net
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 22:24:09 -0600

"Wowly" wrote:

(snip)

"What type of tower are you extending?"

It is a 140' guyed phone company tower that I bought.  I have already taken
down a 175' identical tower (using a crane) from another site, and will be
adding sections from it.  It was manufactured by the now-defunct Grasis
Tower Co. from Kansas City.  Each 20' section is about 4' wide and weighs
around 525 lbs.

I will be adding additional guys, of course.  The existing tower is not
painted, although the sections from the tower we took down are.  I do have a
read beacon and sidelights already, should we decide to simply paint the
rest of the tower.  Presumably we would have seven runs of 40' for each
color (W-R-W-R-W-R-W) if I remember the regs correctly.

Big job already; just trying to avoid adding a big paint job to it!!

Thanks,

Bob