[TowerTalk] Two Die in Ham Radio Tower Accident!!!

AA6DX AA6DX" <dx@northcoast.com
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 10:30:22 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gary McDuffie, Sr." <mcduffie@scottsbluff.net>
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2000 9:51 AM
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Two Die in Ham Radio Tower Accident!!!

> On Tue, 21 Mar 2000 12:15:34 EST, K4tmc@aol.com wrote:
>
> > 2 Killed When Wind Topples Ham Radio Tower in Burke
>
> This is one of those things you would like to have ALL of the details
> on.  If you find out more, please post it.
>
> Gary
>
> ag0n at arrl dot net
> --
> Please notify your ISP if you don't receive this.

Here's what I found on this, Gary ... Mark, AA6DX
MORGANTON

2 killed when wind topples ham radio tower in Burke

Two men fell 60 feet to their deaths when a wind gust toppled a ham radio
tower they were building in western Burke County.
     Chester Arthur Smith, 46, and Steven Albert English, 37, both of Nebo,
died at the scene Saturday, Burke County authorities said.
     Smith, English and four other men were building the tower as a birthday
present for Foy Deal, who lives at the site where the accident occurred,
said Detective Stacey Buff of the sheriff's office.
     Buff said the other men were hoisting a section of tower to Smith and
English atop the partially assembled tower when a wind gust broke the
suspended section, which then caused the tower the men were standing on to
topple.