[TowerTalk] What Should I Pay for Alliance HD-73-I Rotor?

DavidC DavidC" <eDoc@netzero.net
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 16:11:01 -0500

I came upon an Alliance HD-73-I rotor with control box and
original manual.  The owner says it is in good shape and
that he had been turning a three element trapped tri-bander
with it.  He was asking $30. for the rotor and control.  Is that
a fair price?

What is the largest load such a rotor can handle here in Florida?
(Some wind but no ice build-up issues!)  I presume a three
element trapped beam is OK.  How about a Force 12 C3SS, C3S,
C3?  What about a HF log periodic?

Any specific signs of common trouble I might be able to spot
with a close visual inspection?

One possible application is on an arm turning a second tri-bander
at 35 feet to "help" a matching one at about 70 feet.  I have a T2X
for the top beam.

- Thanks! & 73, DavidC  K1YP in Hudson, FL