[TowerTalk] WSW beverage noise reduction

i4jmy@iol.it i4jmy@iol.it
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 17:10:13 +0200

Your Beverages are nearly normal to each other whose fact might well
explain an opposite rejection or sensitivity to a particular signal or
noise.
Selecting a terminating resistor that matches antenna (here seen as a
line) impedance to itself is a good practice but doesn't cure if the
beverage lenght and height are not the best to enhance F/B or wanted
rejections.
It's also possible that the "incriminated beverage" is coupling to
another antenna, or something else behaving like an antenna, that is
actually inducing noise and unwanted patterns in the beverage.
A vertically polarized antenna shouldn't be close the beverage.
Concerning the "predominant noise direction" this is typical of
artificial noises and much less common with weather realated radio
noises.

73,
Mauri I4JMY