[TowerTalk] Radial systems

Scott Detloff K8DX ni8l@raex.com
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 14:02:38 -0500

This spring, once the last of brush is cleared out from the storm that took
down the tower is gone, I'm going to start laying radials.  The plan is
about
50,000' for the 80M 4 square, and another 30-40,000' for a 160M vertical.
Since the antennas will be fairly close to each other, does it make sense to
tie the radials of both systems together?  In the fall I will be doing SO2R,
so  I don't want to cause any 80/ 160   problems.  I  worry that the added
radial system won't be worth it if its going to cause headaches with the
adjacent band.

What's your opinion?

Scott K8DX