[TowerTalk] re:Tailtwister Lubrication

N4CW@aol.com N4CW@aol.com
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 17:56:17 EST

I recall using a white Lithium grease (originally intended for packing wheel
bearings on boat trailers) with the trade name of "Lubriplate". My only
concern is how it will harden in very cold weather....maybe that's not
important....
Wouldn't a good grease have a heavy petroleum base with graphite in
suspension? It seems to me that whenever I took the Hy-Gain rotators apart,
the original grease was always this black messy stuff.... A graphite grease
would probably be less succeptible to hardening in extremely cold weather.
73, Bert N4CW