[TowerTalk] AM Filter options

N2NU@aol.com N2NU@aol.com
Mon May 01 14:55:21 2000

Also depends on direction.  (This is really implied in the strength comment that Tom made) You may be able to use a directive antenna towards the station you are interested in, beverage or shielded loop, etc., as long as the undesired station is not in the same direction.

73, John

In a message dated Mon, 1 May 2000  2:47:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time, "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com> writes:

<<
> I was wondering what options would be available to filter out one adjacent
> AM broadcast radio station from another.  In this case reception from one
> about 60 miles away is desired, but a second one on a close spacing is
> causing some overload of the receiver.  Frequencies are both around 1200
> KHz.  Thanks for any ideas.

The problem you have and the solution depends on how the
frequency difference and strength difference between the stations.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com