[TowerTalk] Diamond CP-5 or CP-6 HF verticals

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Tue, 2 May 2000 13:02:37 EDT

In a message dated 05/02/2000 9:15:29 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
n9iii@mpdr0.chicago.il.ameritech.net writes:

> Does anyone have any experience with the Diamond CP-5 or CP-6 HF
>  verticals ? I am thinking of using something like this on a travel
>  trailer (while it's stationary) with a port-a-pole mounted on the back
>  bumper. Any comments would be appreciated.

     Just a comment. N0AX and myself have done another antenna comparison -
this time it's HF multi-band verticals. The report is being prepared for
presentation at Dayton where it will be available for purchase. I don't have
any results (we just finished the testing on Sunday - 2 days ago) yet but if
you wait a couple of weeks, you should have lots of answers. One of the
antennas tested was a CP-6. Also tested: R8, F12 V3 and ZR-3, Titan, MFJ
1796, HF6V and 6BTV.

Cheers,   Steve    K7LXC
Tower Tech
Champion Radio Products