[TowerTalk] External DVK Feedback

Ward Silver Ward Silver <hwardsil@WOLFENET.com>
Tue, 2 May 2000 11:35:34 -0700 (PDT)

What I decided on was to get a W9XT card and convert it to external
standalone using the mfr. mod instructions.  I will probably do the
conversion such that I can make it back into an internal DVK if needed.

Several mentioned the Soundblaster DVP software from W9CF that works with
a sound card.  That would certainly be a good choice if I wanted the
internal DVK - highly recommended by several.  It is apparently quite a
bit more flexible than the standalone units and is not as limited by
memory concerns.

A couple people mentioned the MFJ, but faulted its reliability.  One
fellow ordered two that were DOA, but is going to stay with them because
the features were what he wanted and a unit that he tried sounded good.

Thanks for the feedback!

73, Ward N0AX

PS - Anyone with a spare bed at the Crowne Plaza in Dayton?  I'm looking.