[TowerTalk] TH7 SWR trouble ... Coax balun question

markku.a.oksanen@nokia.com markku.a.oksanen@nokia.com
Thu, 4 May 2000 16:51:52 +0300

Hi,

I think I may have left something out:  You may remember that the TH6
instructions call for a 12-turn balun located at the junction of the boom
and the mast, couple of feet from the feedpoint with the coax to the
feedpoint taped to the boom.  OK, I did not do this for the TH7, however I
do have about 8 inches of taped RG213 on the boom between the 6-turn, single
layer coil. I am beginning to think that this may be the reason, the taped
part may contribute a small capacitance to one side of the feedpoint.  Any
other opinions?

How did others use the coax balun with a TH7?  How is it attached?  Length
of pigtail wires to the antenna feedpoint?  Length of coax between pigtails
and balun coil?

Markku
OH2RA