[TowerTalk] TH7 SWR trouble ... Coax balun question

GALE STEWARD k3nd@yahoo.com
Thu, 4 May 2000 10:01:28 -0700 (PDT)

On my TH6, I used the same length for the "pigtails"
as what is shown in the TH6 manual for the amount to
strip back the coax when using a coax coil "choke"
balun.  As I recall, the length was 6 3/4 inches.  The
temptation is to make them as short as possible which
then tunes the antenna higher in frequency.  Mine
antenna is set to the CW dimensions and shorter
pigtails tune the antenna farther up in the band.
BTW, I'm using a teflon coax/ferrite bead balun.

73, Stew  K3ND