[TowerTalk] 2000 Antenna Forum Speakers

Bill Coleman AA4LR aa4lr@radio.org
Fri, 5 May 2000 11:12:36 -0400

On 5/5/00 10:41 AM, Tom Rauch at w8ji@contesting.com wrote:

>The added loss is caused by the increased current and voltage in
>the transmission line.
>
>"Mismatch loss" at the line to load or line to rig is easily corrected
>by using a tuner anywhere in the system.
>
>The additional loss caused by increased voltage and current (VAR
>power) in the transmission line is only corrected by having the
>tuner at the load end of the line.

Our you could subsitute a (near) lossless feedline. (Open wire comes to
mind...) That also "corrects" the additional losses (or at least reduces
them to the point they no longer matter).

>By the way, I measured some rigs using Maxwell's measurement
>method as well as one I devised, and indeed the rigs I measured
>were very close to conjugately matched when properly tuned. IMO,
>Maxwell is much more on target than the people desperately trying
>to disprove a conjugate match can exist.

I thought conjugate matches were a well-proven concept. It's news to me
that Maxwell's work has come under such scrutiny.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr@radio.org
Quote: "Boot, you transistorized tormentor! Boot!"
            -- Archibald Asparagus, VeggieTales