[TowerTalk] Radio's/tunnels

Mark . n1lo@hotmail.com
Fri, 05 May 2000 16:08:27 EDT

My office is small, and I would only need about 120 feet or so of
distribution run to go down the hallways.
I was cooking up a scheme to make a multiband antenna, like a scanner
antenna, add a mast-mount amplifier, and run quality coax into the window.
Once inside the metal building, transition to the cheap RG-8 for 120 feet
into a dummy load.
The receivers in each office (stereo's, scanners, etc) would only be about
12 feet or so, at the most, away from the coax.

Obviously not optimum, but would this work well enough?

Thanks,

--...MARK_N1LO...--