[TowerTalk] 2000 Antenna Forum Speakers

Steven Best sbest@cushcraft.com
Tue, 9 May 2000 08:21:22 -0400

Hi Guys.  I see the sand is still getting kicked around the playground.

Just to provide some clarification, my talk at Dayton is not on the
conjugate match, it will not be filled with loads of calculus (there will be
some simple math), and it will not mention Maxwell et al by name.

I thought that giving a presentation at Dayton would allow for a more
reasonable exchange of opinions and ideas.

The talk is straightforward and hopefully will provide a reasonable overview
of the following:

- Understanding the basic concepts of wave propagation in a transmission
line.
- Understanding the relationships between forward and reflected power in a
transmission line.
- Is reflected power relevant?
- How is the forward traveling power in a transmission line developed?
- Is some level of reflected power delivered rearward into the output stages
of a transmitter?
- How is an impedance match achieved as a function of wave reflections
within a transmission line?

Hope to see you there.

73
Steve, VE9SRB