[TowerTalk] Hy Gain TH6-DXX

Fred Hopengarten k1vr@juno.com
Wed, 10 May 2000 15:35:02 -0400

On Wed, 10 May 2000 15:44:11 -0700 KB7WW Art Moe <kb7ww@chatusa.com>
writes:

> I bought a TH6-DXX from an estate, new in box, and was wondering
> before I start to assemble it if any one has any modification for
> it???
>
> Having had other HY-Gain antennas over the years I plan on
> changing all the hardware to stainless steel as I live in a town
> with a paper mill and there is a bit of sulpher in the air.  Not
> as bad as it used to be, but there is still some there.

K1VR:  Stainless steel nuts and bolts are a good idea.  You won't regret
it.  Also, abandon the old Hy-Gain system of holding the element together
(if this is an old TH6).  Use stainless steel straps/clamps.  Be sure the
worm screw is also SS.

Drill holes on the bottom side of the plastic end caps to avoid
collecting rain.

Fred Hopengarten K1VR
hopengarten@post.harvard.edu
Six Willarch Road * Lincoln, MA 01773-5105
781/259-0088 *eFax 419/858-2421