[TowerTalk] m2 tribander

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Sun, 14 May 2000 09:20:50 EDT

In a message dated 05/14/2000 6:09:46 AM Pacific Daylight Time, w8zh@juno.com
writes:

> has anyone heard anything about the new tribanders by m2 that were
>  mentioned on one of their adds a while back?  has anyone got any kt34xa
>  parts from them.

      I was actually at the M2 factory on Wednesday and Mike took me up on
the roof and showed me the new KT36XA. It's basically the same antenna as the
KT34XA but has more boom plus it has mechanical and electrical upgrades.
Instead of all the bent aluminum jumpers, it will have nicely machined parts.
It doesn't look like the number of parts is going to change so it'll still
take some time to assemble but Mike says he's gotten .5 to 1 dB more gain
from the new design. They have over 50 orders already so it'll be awhile
before they get caught up with production. A preliminary flyer will be
available at Dayton.

Cheers,   Steve    K7LXC
Champion Radio Products
Tower Tech