[TowerTalk] bending moment

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Sun, 14 May 2000 19:02:14 EDT

In a message dated 05/14/2000 3:48:46 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
kb0pyo@rconnect.com writes:

>   Can someone with the MARC program do a quick calculation of
>  2 sq ft of windload 20 feet above the tower top at 90mph
>  winds? Need to figure out if I can get away with 2 inch sked
>  80 or if I am going to have to order a real mast.

      Don't lose that sense of humor - hi. Definitely not acceptable. With
almost 24,000 in-lb of bending moment, you'll need a mast with 50kpsi yield
strength (schedule 80 might be around 35kpsi) and .25" wall. Time to bite the
bullet or don't have the antenna so far up the mast.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC
Tower Tech
MARC available from www.championradio.com

Cheers,   Steve    K7LXC