[TowerTalk] Cost of a medium big station?

steve steve@netmakers.com
Sun, 21 May 2000 18:41:32 -0400

The Way I see it is:
 If you can afford it, It must be O.K. ,
 If you cant then don't go and put your family last and ham radio first ,
 that was in something I read when I first got my ticket, in 1997, don't think'
 much has changed since then. that is why I have a second hand radio JST-245
 a Second hand 4 elem. Quad , and a second hand tower ( engineered inspected and

 stamped , Safe and meets manufacture specs, ( E-Z Way tower) , and you guest it
a second hand Amplifier ( henry 2kd classic ) total cost of set up
 radio = 1500.00
 Quad = 100.00
  tower = 150.00
 Amp = 1200.00
          $ 2850.00
and it works the world over. so once again it has not become me and my family ,
 If I had the money to spend on a big or med. station I would. But I don't. good
luck to those who can .  just thought I would put my 2 cents worth out there. I
do enjoy the e-mail I get on this reflector , It gives me guidance as I grow
with amateur radio and the problems that face me in the future. Valuable advice
most of the time.
                                                                    73's TT.
kc8gca steve riley